closing out old bugs of unmaintained releases

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Jan 9 06:16:22 UTC 2008

On 08.01.2008 22:53, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Perhaps one option would be for non-programmer packagers to team up with
> a programmer/sponsor to take on the task of package maintenance?

Don't put more bureaucracy or hurdles in the way. That won't scale and
will frustrate people and some will feel a second-class citizen (I
already feel unwanted more and more in Fedora-land after this discussion
because I never found time to learn proper programming -- mostly due to
fact that most of my free time is already filled with Fedora-related work).

We have a lot of non-hackers that maintain packages in Fedora and it
worked well so far and that in parts made Fedora what it is today. What
IMHO would be good instead of what you outline: groups of people (SIGs)
a package-monkey can contact if he needs help to fix or improve
something needs programming skills.

CU
knurd