"Action Items" From FUDCon?

Elliot Lee sopwith at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 04:03:09 UTC 2008

On Jan 13, 2008, at 19:51 , Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> On Jan 13, 2008 6:33 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
>> * being a WordPress/Lyceum (multiuser) provider
>>  * Seth knows about this as well as of this morning, and didn't
>> immediately want to kill anyone
>>  * using it to test OpenID capabilities (there's an OpenID 2.0 plugin
>> for WP)
>
> The Fedoratv codebase is a wordpress derivative as well.  So keep that
> in mind.  Having our own wordpress instance, might mean we can grow a
> competent contributor base for both a wordpress and Fedoratv base and
> move the Fedoratv development forward more quickly.

FWIW, I evaluated various blog systems a while back for use by the
community of a large publishing-related site, and Wordpress/Lyceum
were among the less desirable ones. Especially avoid Wordpress-MU (it
creates a new set of DB tables for every single user...)

Just wanted to suggest taking a look at roller.apache.org or
blojsom.com. The main Roller hacker also lives in the NC Triangle
area, and was very helpful answering my questions in the past, as well
as incorporating changes to accomodate my requirements.

Best,
-- Elliot