Flush end of lifed binaries from master mirror

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 20:30:55 UTC 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 9:42 AM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> It was brought up during FUDCon that we could help our mirrors out a
> lot if we flushed our outdated binary content.  Old test releases,
> released earlier than FC6.  Just the binaries for now, the sources can
> stay around (well except for the test releases, those can go).
>
> Does anybody have any objections to doing this?  I'll make sure the
> binaries are sufficiently archived somewhere before flushing them.

Well as long as the archives don't flush the data because it got
flushed from master mirror :). The other issue is how long does the
source code need to be available from the primary source for GNU GPL
or other licenses requirements? Both of these are probably moot
questions... but I will play mr ignoramus.