draft proposal for large additions of code into Fedora

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Jan 30 01:52:51 UTC 2008

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:58:22 -0500 (EST)
Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:

> What else?  Is the objective that I'm looking for clear?

There should be a very compelling reason to call it "Fedora".  Because
of our draconian trademark policy it becomes rather hard to rid the
distro of the term "Fedora", and once you apply the Fedora name to
something, they'll likely want to use the logo, and then we run into
logo issues, etc, etc...

I'd really like to hear a strong compelling reason to apply the term
Fedora to a set of code, which by all rights we should be trying to get
used in other distributions.

--
Jesse Keating