Re: supporting closed source operating systems?

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 02:05:06PM -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Axel Thimm <Axel Thimm atrpms net> wrote:
> > In this case I don't see the benefits for Fedora. I just see more Open
> > Source being hijacked for a non Open Source operating system.
>
> Are you saying that applications such as the Fedora liveusb creator
> that runs on windows should not be promoted?

No, obviously not - the liveusb creator's use case is not for
enhancing Windows, it is allowing Windows users to make the switch.

OTOH mingw is allowing Windows users to *not* make the switch. The
need to go Linux gets lower for every app that works under Windows.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net