Re: supporting closed source operating systems?

Axel Thimm wrote:
On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 02:05:06PM -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Axel Thimm <Axel Thimm atrpms net> wrote:
In this case I don't see the benefits for Fedora. I just see more Open
Source being hijacked for a non Open Source operating system.
Are you saying that applications such as the Fedora liveusb creator
that runs on windows should not be promoted?

No, obviously not - the liveusb creator's use case is not for
enhancing Windows, it is allowing Windows users to make the switch.

OTOH mingw is allowing Windows users to *not* make the switch. The
need to go Linux gets lower for every app that works under Windows.

The "Survival of the Fittest" principle however implies that we are not necessarily in competition with Windows, and hence there is no motive to convert it's users to Linux, as it is "soon" to be extinct ;-)

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip