Re: supporting closed source operating systems?

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 01:53:18PM -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> I'm not sure I'm okay with rebuilding our entire collection of
> libraries as Windows DLLs and packaging them as part of our
> distribution, taking up project repository and mirror space.

why is mingw being treated (or proposed as being treated) differently
than a Secondary Architecture?  We already have a lot of
infrastructure and policy in place for that; so it's not a different
architecture, but a different underlying OS - same idea to me...