Re: New Fedora Privacy Policy

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 4:40 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer gmail com> wrote:
> I agree with everything except the specific IP address thing.  I really
> don't get why anyone should care, nor why it intended to be public data
> already.  You can diagnose and divulge geographic information from it,
> yes, but why does the actual IP itself need to be public?

I'm not sure IP addresses need to be 100% public either, but having a
clear policy about that helps Smolt out.  It's nice to have some text
I can copy and paste when people ask about every level of privacy
involved in Smolt, and the storage and display of IP addresses is the
one thing that is out of my control.

-Yaakov