New Fedora Privacy Policy

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 21:31:57 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 09:49 +0200, Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 4:40 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I agree with everything except the specific IP address thing.  I really
> > don't get why anyone should care, nor why it intended to be public data
> > already.  You can diagnose and divulge geographic information from it,
> > yes, but why does the actual IP itself need to be public?
>
> I'm not sure IP addresses need to be 100% public either, but having a
> clear policy about that helps Smolt out.  It's nice to have some text
> I can copy and paste when people ask about every level of privacy
> involved in Smolt, and the storage and display of IP addresses is the
> one thing that is out of my control.

The Board was going to vote on the policy at this week's meeting but
because many folks are away or at OLS, we're going to cancel.  I've
asked Board members to weigh in here with input as appropriate, and
depending on how that goes, we should be able to vote on this before
next week.

--
Paul W. Frields