Election Data

CLAY S clay at brokenladder.com
Wed Jul 23 06:06:03 UTC 2008

To whom it may concern:

As a concerned citizen, deeply committed to improving the long term peace
and prosperity of my species, I am requesting *anonymous* ballot results for
your recent score voting elections - purely for scientific study.  It is my
sincere belief that such data, however anecdotal it might be, is the closest
we can come to the sort of ballot data we would see if score voting had been
used in political elections, since the Fedora elections are actually
consequential (unlike, say, polls).

Here are some links which underscore my sense that this issue is incredibly
import for humanity's long-term best interest:
http://rangevoting.org/LivesSaved.html
http://rangevoting.org/RelImport.html
http://rangevoting.org/WorldProblems.html

This sort of data was made available for the HaikuOS icon selection:
http://rangevoting.org/HaikuIcon.html

Debian also makes their election data public, though they use a worse and
much more complex Condorcet method, called "Shulze".
http://www.debian.org/vote/2003/leader2003_tally.txt

Regards,
Clay

--