Election Data

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 14:47:55 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 9:03 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> Me too, though thats not to say for the next election we couldn't have a
> notice explaining we'd be using the data sans user identification for
> scientific research.

If it is going to be used for research please consider having Fedora
do some of it themselves.

There are a lot of questions that one can think of that would be
interesting to know the answers to. Which subsets of Fedora,
identifiable subgroups, are voting in what proportions? Would the
results be any different with a less cumbersome voting method? Heck,
even keeping the actual voting data confidential but providing a
voluntary survey that voters could fill out at the same time might be
able to yield some information that could be very useful to future
thinking about elections. That might be able to capture relevant
information in the same way exit polls do now in other contexts.

John