Re: Election Data

LOL.

Incidentally, this makes me curious to talk to a few of the candidates and see how well they feel the voting method worked.  Does the winner think it was a success?  Does the lowest-rated candidate think he would have done better with a different voting method?  Are there any feelings of bitterness?  This is all quite fascinating to me, because as much as we've studied and simulated score voting, it has been so rarely used for contentious elections that we really stand to learn a great deal by hearing from the candidates as well as the voters.

So...candidates?  Any thoughts?

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 13:51, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 infradead org> wrote:
On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 08:47 -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 8:42 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster gmail com> wrote:
>
> > controversial since no governance was involved. You might even be able
> > to make the case that the release name election is more contentious. ;-)
>
> And hopefully has better turnout. Not to hijack a thread, but there
> *has* to be something that we can do to get better than 8% voter
> turnout - not sure what that something is, but it's gotta be out there
> somewhere :)

Do we need a Monster Raving Loony candidate?

Er, wait, wasn't that me?

--
dwmw2