Re: Election Data

I don't see how there are different definitions of anonymous.  Either the data set includes information about the voter, or it doesn't.

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 19:37, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath redhat com> wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008, seth vidal wrote:

> Sufficient anonymization would mean the data would end up being:
>
> AAA:BBBBBBBB:CCC
>
> Seriously, there's no good way to anonymize it enough w/o making it
> useless.

And the trick / trap of the thing is my definition of anonymous and
$RANDOM_PRIVACY_ADVOCATE's definition of anonymous might be completely
different and if we've already released the results without us notifying
them first then we've caused a problem.

Seth's got it right, lets not be one of those organizations who doesn't
handle their user info with care.

       -Mike