Fedora Board election results

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Wed Jun 25 19:21:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>> I'm curious Ralf, can you name 3 things that a candidate might have that
>> match your criteria?
>
> In this vote, my criteria has been (in decreasing importance):
>
> * Not being @RH, because I wanted to see the community strengthened in
> this already @RH-predominated FPB and therefore don't see much reason
> into adding more @RHs.

Funny, this was my primary criteria as well -- yet when I cite this, this
criteria is dismissed as "playing a game".  That's a bit frustrating to
me.

> * Exclude people of whom I had learned not to be trustworthy.
> * People having a measurable record as Fedora contributor.
> * The candidates' interests overlapping with my personal interests.

So from these criteria, you could find no candidates that were worth your
vote.  Which begs three questions:

1. Is there a potential candidate in the whole world of Fedora
contributors who would have met these criteria?

2. If so, did you encourage them to run?

3. If not, why not?

--g