Fedora Board election results

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Jun 24 19:02:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 14:21 -0400, Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:

> I myself almost didn't vote.  Why?  Because I liked the entire slate of
> candidates.  In the end, I did vote, and I voted entirely for non-RH
> candidates on principle... but I firmly believe that everyone elected will
> do a great job, and I firmly believe that everyone not elected would also
> have done a great job.

I agree here completely, I had essentially the same mental experience.
I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing?  When you have a divided
community (*cough*USA*cough*), it is easier to get fired up to vote for
or against candidates.  When many are satisfied ... well, does that mean
the election is the result of only the dissatisfied getting fired up?

I also think we should compare the % of votes to the # of people in
pre-FAS2, especially pre-F9 release with the big join.fp.o campaign.

We have somewhat failed in that campaign, in that we brought in a huge
number of people who haven't a clue who to vote for, and most likely
haven't even been exposed to the election.

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41