Fedora Board election results

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 20:16:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
> I don't suppose there's any reason why people couldn't nominate someone.
> Just add them to the Nominations page and send an email to f-a-b saying "I
> just nominated John Doe for the Fedora Board.  If he doesn't want the
> nomination, he should remove himself.  He he does want it, he should add to
> the nomination page as he sees fit."

NO.. it should require absolutely no effort at all for someone to
decline.  If you don't want to be on the ballot you should not have to
edit the wiki page and remove yourself or else we are going to run the
risk of having people in the candidate list who have no god damn idea
what is going on. Being a part the slate of candidates must require an
affirmed acceptance from the candidate. The candidate must be
ultimately accountable for what is said on the nomination page.

I would much rather see personal endorsements from other community
members added to a profile of each candidate. Isn't that what
nominating someone else really is? A personal endorsement of that
person. So we add an endorsement section so individuals can endorse
candidates as they see fit and other users can use those personal
endorsements to rank the candidates value.

-jef