Fedora Board election results

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 21:54:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Michael Schwendt <bugs.michael at gmx.net> wrote:
> What I mean is that almost all Fedora related decisions come out of Red
> Hat anyway. The few +1 from community seats during FPB meetings don't
> matter, do they? They are just noise. It gets more interesting if a
> community rep drives something forward.

Uhm formation of the Spin SIG? I'm pretty sure I drove that forward
from the Board side.  I think I had to strangle some kittens to do it.
 I'm still watching how that is going. If there is a serious problem
with how that is moving forward I have no problem wading in and
throwing my weight around.

> Or if there is disagreement
> between Red Hat's FPB members and community reps or lobbyists. If
> necessary, do the people on the community seats have the guts to represent
> the community's interests? If they don't, what about accountability?

>From my point of view, its more like the rest of the Board usually
doesn't have the guts to tell me to shut up.  I do hear their eyes
rolling over the phone however.  But with Jesse on board, that's
probably gonna be different now.  I'm very confident that Jesse is
going to very accurately indicate when I am 'full of it'.  Which is
quite often in reality.

I guess its a matter of opinion as to whether my opinions can be
considered to represent community interest or not.  If there is a
'community' issue over which my stance is unknown to you... i think
I've proven I'm not overly shy in voicing my opinion on something when
asked.  So ask.

-jef