Fedora Board election results

Jeffrey Tadlock jeffreyt at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 25 01:00:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 3:17 PM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Range voting is another aspect of the process I find discouraging in
> general.

I was happy to see range voting this election.  I've seen this style
of voting on other areas of the net, more specifically a non-technical
forum that uses it for community voted product awards.  I know when I
first saw the new voting method I was against it - mainly because I
had the same initial first reaction you did - "uh, how do I vote."  I
went off and did some reading about different voting methods and found
that range voting really did seem like a good way to go for voting.

Rather than discount range voting, which I do think works well for
many elections Fedora holds, maybe we could work on making sure people
are informed about range voting and how it works.  That way people are
informed and not as apt to be put off by different, but effective
voting system.  A few mailing list posts and blog posts should help
inform people on this front.

~Jeffrey