Fedora Board election results

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Wed Jun 25 03:29:57 UTC 2008

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> Looks like you're biased and in "defensive mode" already.

Maybe that's because you are in "offensive mode", Michael.

> What I'm saying, in other words, is that the election is rather
> uninteresting. So uninteresting that loading the web page and taking the
> time to vote may be considered a waste of time already.  One can try
> little games like Greg and vote for non-RH candidates only, but one
> could also throw dice and pick random candidates.

Actually, I figured that I was taking a principled position -- the same
principled position I've held for 3.5 years, created a governance model to
reflect, and went toe-to-toe with executive vice presidents over -- that
volunteers should be empowered with as much responsibility as they have
the time or inclination to accept.  But I guess you don't see it that way.

What is your point with all of this, Michael?  Is there some actual change
that you're trying to create?  Do you not feel sufficiently empowered to
drive the behavior you're looking to see in Fedora?  Or are you just
trolling?

--g