Fedora Board election results

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Jun 25 14:48:06 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 07:23 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 11:16 PM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
>
> >> I can see a lot of good points in the discussion.  But if it all boils
> >> down to "I don't have time to participate in Fedora governance," then just
> >> say that.  Because that's really what you are saying.
> > Partially correct.
> >
> > Better would be: I don't have time nor interest in actively
> > participating in this governance system. I do have the time and interest
> > to vote on MY delegate, such that I feel my opinion is represented in
> > this "governance system".
> >

> I think we are still suffering from communication bit loss somewhere
> (German to English or just the human usual I forgot to type
> something). Are you wanting regional representational democracy?
> organizational representational democracy?
Nope. I want "a delegate whose intentions/interests match with mine at
least to some extend" and whom I learned to be trustworthy.

This is not tied to nationality, continents, sex, race, religion or what
ever. It's simply a matter of "finding someone to vote for" amongst
candidates during votes.

>  parliamentary system?
> republic system? A constitutional system?
Well, yes, I would find something along these lines better than the
current system.

Ralf