Fedora Board election results

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 20:00:02 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 11:34 AM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So you expect each voter to have a lengthy chat with 5, 10, 20
> candidates in a 10 day voting period. How do you see that working?

No i dont expect each individual to have a length chat.  But I expect
some effort of a group of people to put important issues on the map.
Should I as a Board member tell this community how to select issues to
bring forward for discussion?  I have a suggestions, but I need people
in the community to value he need for direct community involvement.
As a prelude to this very moment, I asked if our current voting system
could handle some sort of ranked q/a concept, that let community
members ask questions.. and then let other community members rank
those questions up and down... with the end result being a top 10 set
of questions that the community as a whole felt strongly about asking
of each and every candidate.

The response...can't do it yet.  But I was pointed to this:
http://code.google.com/p/pcloadletter/ as an existing example on how
to generate a list of community ranked questions.

And then I was pointed to http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/VotePlugin  as
something we co plugin into our existing trac instance to mimic what
the pcloadletter people do to rank questions.

If you were given a facility through which you could rank questions
and issues submitted by other community members would you use it?
Would you submit questions into the que to be ranked? Would you, rank
other submissions?  Would you use this to generate a list of issues
and questions to ask candidates to respond to during the next
election? Would you use it to generate questions to ask the current
Board to respond to during its public meetings?

-jef