Fedora Board election results

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Jun 25 21:36:29 UTC 2008

> Trying to bias it on ones employment just becomes too difficult,
> especially given the case that one could be a Red Hat employee in a
> completely different part of the organization, yet still spend one's
> free time on Fedora.

This describes me until last year.  Last year was the first time that I
had Fedora as part of my official job duties, which is about four years
after I started contributing my personal time to the project.  Even
then, my average week-over-week was about 12% spent on official Fedora
duties.  All the rest I wrote off against my personal time.

In fact, I often use myself as a case study when extolling the virtues
of working in Fedora outside of one's job duties.  People inside and
outside of the company have moved to Fedora being all or part of their
job duties.  In fact, we promote that idea in EPEL:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/PackageMaintainer/GenericJobDescription

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41