Re: Proposal: Fedora@Home Project

> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 7:58 AM, Jeffrey Ollie <jeff ocjtech us> wrote:
> >  Other than the obvious difficulties in determining what the carbon
> >  cost of a kWH is for every location on the globe, that sounds like a
> >  useful project in itself.
>
> If I use a handcrank on an OLPC as part of the grid.. is that negative
> carbon cost?

During the daylight hours here in the Pacific central coast, my cycles
are solar powered.  It would be cool, as part of Jesse's idea, to mark
my contributions to the grid to occur during specific hours.  Heck, tie
it into the weather and reduce it 20% for cloud cover. :)

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org