Fedora Board Recap 2008-MAR-04

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Thu Mar 6 00:21:41 UTC 2008

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2008-03-04 (including full
IRC transcript)

== Roll Call ==

Attendees: Paul Frields, Steve Dickson, Bill Nottingham, Chris Aillon,
Matt Domsch, Jef Spaleta, Karsten Wade, Bob McWirther, Dennis Gilmore,
Seth Vidal, John Poelstra, Everyone on #fedora-board-meeting

== Followup to Previous Business ==

=== Secondary Arch Hosting (2008-02-19) ===
  * Can Fedora host binaries for secondary architectures?
    * Change from original proposal
  * makes it easier to get new mirrors and use mirror manager
  * DECISION: board approves of Fedora hosting binaries for secondary
architectures
  * '''FOLLOWUP 2008-02-26'''
    * Infrastructure group raising issue with lack of space
    * Are distribution methods a concern for growing secondary
architectures?
    * OWNERS: Seth and Matt; Spot also assisting
    * ACTIONS: reach out to existing relationships and pursue storage
opportunities
    * '''FOLLOWUP 2008-03-04'''
      * Seth to do more followup with BU--potentially 150G
      * Spot reports 450G from HP
      * Check back on 2008-03-18

=== Post-release updates of custom spins (2008-01-29) ===
  * Should the board have to approve them?
  * We will hosts as many spins as we have space for
  * Need to determine the hosting requirements and limits
  * How long will spins stay around?
  * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram/SpinsProcess
  * ACTION: Jef to review Rahul's proposal and report back to board
  * OWNER: Jef Spaleta
  * '''FOLLOWUP on 2008-02-12'''
    * Jef is waiting for feedback from Jeremy Katz on release
engineering's perspective
      * Reference:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-feb-11
    * People are still not clear on exactly what is required to create
an official "Fedora Spin"
    * Need a clear list of guidelines of what a spin owner is
responsible for and what they are required to test
      * Hoping a test  will come from Jeremy Katz as part of feedback
from release engineering
    * We are only talking about spins that use GA packages, thus testing
for GA should have given us enough comfort that risk is minimized
       * We only need to be concerned with new combination of packages
that a spin would present
    * ACTIONS & OWNERS:
       * Paul Frields--followup with Fedora Release Engineering and QA
contingent to discuss testing requirements
       * Jef Spaleta to formulate specific guidelines for review prior
to or at next board meeting (dependent on feedback from release engineering)
   * '''FOLLOWUP on 2008-02-19'''
     * Crux of issue right now is figuring out exactly what input
release engineering is supposed to be giving
     * Jef will have a writeup to the board by next meeting
     * Paul will be at the Red Hat office in Westford, MA next week and
can sit down and work out any of the remaining details with Jeremy,
Jesse, Will, etc.
     * '''FOLLOWUP on 2008-02-26'''
       * releng has created
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JeremyKatz/SpinChecklist
       * Jef has input from Rahul and plans to start writing a draft
       * '''FOLLOWUP on 2008-03-04'''
         * Jef posting proposal to fedora-advisory-board-list:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-March/msg00004.html

== New Business ==
  * Q&A with Fedora Board on IRC
  * Will attempt to have one public meeting per month

=== Questions & Answers ===
  a. GPL compliance for event media 14:34
  a. Swag with Fedora trademark (logo) 4:43
  a. Non-RHT people for RHT appointed board seats
  a. Presto in Fedora 9
  a. LWN Subscription status
  a. OLPC and Fedora relationship
  a. FUDCon 10 and future FUDCons

== Next Meeting ==
  * Permanent meeting time and day until further notice
  * TIME: 14:00 EST (19:00 UTC)
  * DATE: Tuesday, 2008-03-11