Re: Draft Proposal: Spin Submission and Approval Process

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 12:56 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:
 What purpose does bugzilla components for every spin serve?

Patch submission for changes in kickstart logic.

I would prefer
 some other medium for feedback/ requests on actual spin changes.

'Some other'... is pretty unspecific.  Where would you prefer patches
for kickstart logic go?

I haven't ever got patches but if it does happen, some email address is preferable. I am currently maintaining several accepted spins: games, xfce and about a dozen localized spins. Among these, I only maintain a couple of packages. Almost 100% of the changes happen within the actual packages and are not spin specific. My effort is spend in developing a kickstart file, determining package changes, channeling feedback from users, brainstorming ideas with the respective maintainers, testing the images and some minimal changes for the live cd environment. What I would prefer not to do is getting bugs filed against the spin when it should have been filed against individual packages. I am not sure how exactly to accomplish that.

Rahul