Spin Updates Policy Draft

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 19:58:20 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 11:37 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> Spin Updates Policy Draft. This  amends my previous Spin Policy Draft.
> Nothing in this draft should contradict or conflict with my previous
> draft proposal.
>
> 1) Release Update Spins are assumed as part of the Release Selection
> process by which releng chooses which spins to make part of a Fedora
> release and thus provide hosting for.  To estimate space requirements,
> every released spin is assumed to consist of a a gold release and an
> updated image of maximum size of the target media (cd or dvd and
> perhaps bluray), unless the spin maintainer explicitly opts out of
> producing updates.  If a spin needs multiple updates in a release,
> only the latest update image will be hosted.   The update image must
> be named to distinguish it from the hosted gold release image.  The
> gold release image will be hosted for the length of the Fedora
> Release.

Doesn't this also imply rel-eng taking on building said updates?  Since
the hosted spins were also being built by rel-eng AFAIK at this point.

Also, what's the plan around testing of updated spins?  As there's more
stringent testing around spins that are going to be in the "release"
than what we do for the more informal Kickstart Spin Pool

Jeremy