Draft Proposal: Spin Submission and Approval Process

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 14 21:26:11 UTC 2008

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Rahul Sundaram
> <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>  Note that it is *not* a theoretical problem. I have long ago proposed a
>>  updates games spin and I really do want it solved asap.
>
> Okay so was this proposed to releng or to fab and I missed it?

I proposed to board and CC'ed rel eng. If you have missed it, the
proposal was simple: I would like to provide an updated games live dvd
of Fedora that includes updated versions of existing games and a few new
ones. I would like to see the approval process cover async updates of
any Fedora spin too.

> If you had the approval to use the Trademarks would that be enough to
> let you make use of localized spins for your needs?  Or are you stuck
> on a technical issue that releng wanted you to solve? Or are you
> waiting to hear about hosting space?

Approval to use the trademarks would be enough for me to distribute it
piece meal when opportunities show up. I was talking to magazines which
were interested in several thousand copies of localized spins but that
chance has gone out due to delays in this process. I don't have the
ability to host the spins elsewhere so if we want to reach a broader
audience, I need hosting space too.

Rahul