Re: the Fedora filters

On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 20:38 -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:

> I'm going to drag firmware and such in here; not because I'm arguing for
> them as a form of software.  They are permitted in our distribution in
> ways that either are exceptions or orthogonal to the free filter and the
> open source filter.  Or is the argument they are not even part of the
> equation because rule them to be "not software"?

I really don't want to have the religious argument, so let me just say
that we treat firmware as a special exception to the rules.

I'd have to draw a flow chart to explain it, and email is a very poor
medium for this. Firmware isn't the only exception, some specific
content is also handled under less stringent restrictions than software.

~spot