Re: Fwd: Range Voting for steering commitee

On Mon, 2008-03-24 at 19:34 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > That is, rather than getting 7
> > widely liked "centrists", you'd get 7 people who whose appeal is more
> > representative of segments of the community doing the voting.  This
> > inherently leads to more debate and discussion, and in theory at
> > least, better ultimate decisions.

I think the above quote is hilarious.

You might get better ultimate decisions, or you might get more
balkanization and more people walking away in a huff. Which we have MORE
than enough of already. I think I'd be reasonably happy with 7 widely
liked centrists.

-sv