Spins proposals

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 21:32:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 12:07 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> Once we are able to provide shell access to a Fedora Infrastructure
> controlled compose host for composing signed images, the Spin SIG as a
> group will need to decide how they want to make use of that
> infrastructure to compose images with appropriate signatures.   The
> resulting spins will have to be hosted elsewhere in the community, but
> will be linkable from spins.fp.org webspace controlled by the Spin
> SIG.  And yes, people are working towards making this sort of compose
> host access available, but its not going to happen tomorrow.

Actually, this part could happen tomorrow to a degree.  Infrastructure
already provided two Xen guests to do composes on.  There are some of us
that have access to them.  I used them to spin the XFCE spin.

The hard part would be segregating it to allow spin owners to do the
compose.  Though if we can get the other details hammered out, I'm
willing to be a button pusher until that happens.

josh