Board nominations

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri May 2 21:25:08 UTC 2008

On Thu, 1 May 2008, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  >  If you are interested, you can simply nominate yourself by posting a
> >  >  message to the fedora-advisory-board list[4], and please cc: me as well.
> >
> >  I'm re-running.  And in homage to the grand traditions of the US
> >  presidential elections I will be holding a a whistle stop campaign
>
> I for one will not be running. I am going to campaign vigorously to be
> not elected. If elected, I will not serve, and if serving will not
> promise a free download in every browser...

We had a low turnout last time of runners actually and I worry that people
think they aren't qualified enough to run...  Anyone can run.  I encourage
those that have an interest in what Fedora is to run.

So to those of you on this list (and others) why didn't you run last time,
and what will be preventing you from running this time?

	-Curious Mike