Red Hat Board Appointments

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue May 13 22:20:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 21:53 +0000, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> As everyone probably knows, the Fedora Board is moving into an election
> season due to the release of another Fedora.  In advance of the
> election, Red Hat appoints one seat, and the final seat is appointed
> afterward to make sure the Board is fairly balanced to represent the
> Board's many constituents.
>
> In addition, to fix our scheduling so that only half the Board is
> turning over at each election cycle, Red Hat has agreed to extend one
> appointment by a single release of Fedora (or about six months).
> Karsten Wade will remain in his current seat on the Fedora Board until
> just after Fedora 10.  At that point, Red Hat has the option to appoint
> someone else to his seat.

And I hope they take that option!

Aside from the chance to yet again be the sacrificial lamb who
represents Shadowman, I really wanted to keep myself out of the election
this time.  Too many incumbents and people with high visibility makes it
harder for newer folks to get elected, by drawing votes and attention
away.

Then, if I still feel like doing this, I can run next time when all my
most electable colleagues are already in their seats, leaving me room to
receive a 100% vote mandate!

World domination and Fedora-based femmebots, here I come!!!

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41