Re: Fedora and the world

On Thu, 15 May 2008, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

There was discussion at long time ago about creating a Fedora Foundation, however that proved to be not worth the effort.

I think there is a stronger statement to be made than "not worth the effort." It's quite possibly impossible to do as a US non-profit when Red Hat's contributions to the project's actual resource consumption is tallied given the requirements for non-profit status. And a separate for-profit status doesn't actually give us much more than what we have right now, except increased staffing needs to act as a separate business office.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2006-April/msg00016.html