Re: Let's re-start a discussion about role-based SIGs

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Jeffrey Tadlock
<jeffreyt fedoraproject org> wrote:
> I am wondering if renewed work with the Fedora Mentors project could
> accomplish some of the same goals in both recruitment and retainment?
> The idea here being to get each SIG to have a member be a Fedora
> Mentor as well.  The mentor can help new people get acclimated to the
> project and help with retainment of contributors as well.
My strawman cartoon includes mentors! and sponsors!

> I do think attention needs paid to recruitment and retention issues
> for contributors.  I just don't want to see us get too burdened down
> with processes and such to accomplish the goals.

The processes are actually key. Because its the processes that we will
rely on over time.  If we aren't building processes which reinforce
recruitment, then recruitment isn't going to happen in a serious way.

-jef