Werewolf -> Sulphur -> <blank>? Sulphur is a <blank>, <NewName> is a <blank>

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri May 30 13:41:12 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 06:57 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> I will be collecting suggestions for 1 week, so the cutoff for names
> is:
>
> May 29, 2008
>
> Suggestions will be run through the legal queue and an election will
> happen for Fedora contributors to pick the next Fedora name.

A little added twist here.  I'd like to give the Fedora Board a chance
at culling the list a little bit before sending on to Legal.  There were
a number of names that made it through the "is a" test and Legal that
might not have been the best ideas for naming a release.  Add to that
the fact that Red Hat has used outside Legal to do the name clearance
the last few times and that is a measurable cost both in time and money.
The more names we ask to clear the more expensive and longer the delay
will be before we have a set to vote upon.  So I am asking the Fedora
Board to review the list of names that Josh has collected and remove any
they deem not acceptable as a Fedora release name before handing it to
Legal.

(Note, I haven't yet directly talked to the board about this, so I'm
just assuming that they'll be on... board... with this.)

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!