Spins

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Nov 3 21:34:08 UTC 2008

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> True that spins aren't the same as features, but they normally require
> a feature page for tracking.  Part of the reason for this is to make
> sure the spin gets promotion in the feature process.

I've looked at the spins sig page and I am uber confused.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Spins

links to

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JefSpaleta/SpinReleaseProcessProposal

which really couldn't be a worse guide from a spin proposer perspective
(it is the proposal for the sig itself to follow).  I think:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Spins/SpinSubmissionProcess

is the page the sig intends people to follow.  I've also come to find out
there's a whole slew of options in spins hosting, just the ks for example
can get approved for hosting but never built and distributed as an
official fedora spin.

That page does mention a feature page requirement but doesn't really talk
about timelines nor expectations.

	-Mike