Fedora 11 schedule proposal

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 00:40:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 19:30 -0500, Brian Pepple wrote:
> Looks pretty reasonable to me.  My big concern is if we slip for F11
> (which given our past track record is fairly likely) we'll be reducing
> the F12 development cycle even more.

Yep, that's always a concern.  That's why I wouldn't want to commit hard
to any F12 dates.  We would certainly re-evaluate the F12 plan once F11
is "in the can" as it were.  But we can have the "if everything goes as
planned" type targets.

As far as avoiding slips, there are a few other schedule tweaks we're
looking to make, such as moving the feature freeze a week earlier than
the actual beta freeze, and staggered freezes for some core components
of the OS, to give us more last minute integration time while not in a
code freeze.  My thought is that it'll lead to less problems /during/
the freeze, and thus shorter freezes and less slips.  But that's
intra-schedule stuff, I'm still interested in overall end dates.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!