election software

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 12:21:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 07:40 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> Hey, all-
>
> recently saw this: http://nigelj.livejournal.com/10507.html Can't
> comment directly because I don't have an LJ account.
>
> Elections are fairly serious, important business- much less so in a
> community where elected representatives are the deciders of last
> resort instead of first resort, but still. So I'd strongly recommend
> using someone else's code that has been tested and reviewed for
> security and correctness rather than writing your own. Two open
> options are:
>
> http://www.heliosvoting.org/
  ^^^
Anyone know what's the purpose of the Google API stuff in this code?
(Not necessarily a question just for Luis, but for anyone knowledgeable
looking at the code.)

> http://selectricity.org/
  ^^^
I looked around for a bit and couldn't find the source code for the
webapp part, but this is based on http://rubyvote.rubyforge.org/ ,
correct?

--
Paul W. Frields