election software

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Oct 8 18:15:30 UTC 2008

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008, Luis Villa wrote:

> I realize Fedora has some unusual needs, and I appreciate the effort
> Nigel has put in on this, but Fedora should strongly consider not
> reinventing this particular wheel. Focus on the deliberative part of
> what Nigel is working on (question tool, etc.) and leave the voting
> part to those who have already worked on the problem extensively.

I'm not convinced the question tool isn't going to be a waste of Nigel's
time actually.  Feature creep aside, we have low participation right now
anyway and by creating this tool we're actually asking _more_ of the few
people who do get involved.

Questions:

Was any cost / benefit analysis done on this?

Aside from one board member's interest in it has anyone expressed this as
an actual need that should be filled?

Was that need from the voters perspective or the running members
perspective?

Are people running for the board getting inundated with questions?

Do we expect the question system to increase voter turnout?  How?

	-Mike