Fedora Remix mark

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 19:19:45 UTC 2008

> On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 15:54 +0000, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > This is the page where I collected your contributions to a design.  The
> > time's come for me to refer the design candidates to the Board for
> > approval.
>
> Yay art opinions!
>
> So, I strongly dislike what is done to the R of Remix in "13".  Maybe my
> eyes suck, but it just looks like something went wrong when drawing the
> R.

+1

I find it distracting.

> Overall I think I prefer the rounded 9, although I can't tell much
> difference between it and all the choices from Jay and Nicu, except for
> the (mis)spelling of "remix", and well, COLORS!
>
> I'd prefer something like 9, with remix spelled correctly, and as many
> color options as possible.

I'll +0.5 this because I think it's the closest compromise we'll get to.

That is, I *prefer* the intentional misspelling of remix (I think I
slightly prefer the '!' over the '1',) but with Bill and Jesse
(apparently) against it, it might be a bike shed issue not to get in to.
If, however, the 'i' isn't an option, for example Legal really liked the
misspelling, then I'm most in favor of the ones like 9b with COLORS!

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Community Gardener
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org