Fedora Remix mark

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 23:10:04 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 07:50:32PM +0000, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> So Artwork team, what do you say?

I guess I'll put in my USD 0.02. Some of it might not be coherent or
related to the current decisions already made.

Design 13 makes the most sense to me out of all the ones on that page,
but I think that having it white on a blue background makes the logo
itself too cluttered. I'd prefer #13 in the first mizmo-draft.

Using a 1 (one) in place of the I (aye) is a bad idea IMHO -- or even an
exclamation point. The 1 detracts, makes us look more like 13-year-old
"h4x0rs" (funny I'm saying that, hehe) on the web being generally
annoying. The exclamation point distracts even more.

I do like the different color concepts brought up by nicu, but perhaps
they'd be better suited for the text color, going back to my reasoning
for not having a colored background behind "remix". The differing colors
might even have a purpose (classification of different remixes, maybe?) --
but who knows?

And I'm loving the little arrow thing on the 'R'.

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36