Requesting Trademark Approval for Sugar Spin

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Thu Oct 16 13:10:50 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

as you may have noticed, the OLPC SIG has been working on a spin
including the Sugar Desktop Environment. Recently, this spin has been
pushed into the Spin SIG's GIT repository and I felt it was time to
request trademark approval from the board for it.

The kickstart file is located here:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spin-kickstarts.git;a=blob;f=fedora-livecd-sugar.ks;

There are some things which should be explained, though.

For example, we're disabling SELinux just temporarily - it will be
enabled again as soon as bug #467118 gets fixed (#466884 has already
been closed). Concerning the choice of the display manager, it should be
mentioned that we chose slim instead of gdm, since it pulls in less
dependencies and should be more light-weight.

Best Regards,
Sebastian Dziallas