One person - several FAS accounts? (was: bodhi abuse?)

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Sep 2 22:33:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008, Josh Boyer wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 03:19:35PM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> >Hopefully someone who can write mo' betta can fix it but:
> >
> >http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem#Account_Termination
> >
> >As far as I'm concerned, that goes in to place at the end of the week if
> >no one has any problems with it.  At that time the Infrastructure Team
> >will start fielding complaints and we'll start contacting people and
> >disabling accounts who are in violation.
> >
> >Questions comments?  Speak up!
>
> I would phrase the last sentence as "Multiple accounts for an individual
> person needs FESCo approval."

ehh.  There's lots of reason for people to have multiple accounts that
have nothing to do with FESCo or the operating system that the Fedora
Project produces.

> Of course, this will need to be detected and acted upon to really have any
> meaning at all.  And while the policy is fine, there's really not much you
> can do about people using "anonymous" hotmail/yahoo/gmail/etc accounts.
>
> Really, this is just to keep the honest people honest.

Yeah we'll probably be going on a per complaint basis.  Policing 12,183
accounts that are currently in fas is just not something we have the
manpower to do.  We have done some proactive things (like requiring
different email addresses) but it only goes so far.  Unfortunately for now
our most effective solution is to be reactive.

	-Mike