Fedora- Ireland Website?

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 18:11:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 21:06 -0500, Ian Weller wrote:

> However, seeing that the Irish Fedora community that will arise from our
> website will mostly be translators or documentation writers
> (contributors, in general), there's not as much "community" as I think
> you're going for here.

That's where a "community" which is actually a good call, would come
into it's own, very informal
Facts & figures, how to's point to fedoraproject.
Want a pint or meet up, come to fedora Ireland or whatever it would be
called. More likely fedora-ie.org if possible.

> Speaking of which -- from what I can tell on
> translate.fedoraproject.org, we could use a translation team leader for
> the Irish language. :)

If you throw some contact details out, I can forward it to ilug mailing
list. I can't speak a word of it, so it wouldn't be me.
Or send an invite yourselves, as it's an open list.
www.linux.ie

> Given this, I'll let the board decide on trademark approval, and
> hopefully this will be thought through thoroughly. Frank, could you give
> us a potential outline of how you would lay out the website.

At the moment, all I know is from the course pov.
Programs to be used: Dreamweaver, Photoshop. 25 pages total.
Which as soon as course finished, can be replaced with non-prop created.

>  so that we
> can make sure that it's not potentially conflicting or competing with a
> potential Irish translation of Fedora's website and wiki?

It would be in English, which is the day to day spoken language in the
main. Changing to reflect local happenings. and provide local anchor.

Frank