Fedora- Ireland Website?

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 00:03:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 07:11:09PM +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 21:06 -0500, Ian Weller wrote:
> > Given this, I'll let the board decide on trademark approval, and
> > hopefully this will be thought through thoroughly. Frank, could you give
> > us a potential outline of how you would lay out the website.
>
> At the moment, all I know is from the course pov.
> Programs to be used: Dreamweaver, Photoshop. 25 pages total.
> Which as soon as course finished, can be replaced with non-prop created.

Try and see if your instructor will allow you to use programs that are
free and open source. (I wouldn't be surprised if they say no. My high
school's "Web Page Design" program is learning how to use FrontPage.
barf) At least on the art team, we really really really prefer it if
people use free and open source software when promoting free and open
source software. ;)

> >  so that we
> > can make sure that it's not potentially conflicting or competing with a
> > potential Irish translation of Fedora's website and wiki?
>
> It would be in English, which is the day to day spoken language in the
> main. Changing to reflect local happenings. and provide local anchor.

Ah, so it's based on local things. I'm wondering if that would be better
suited to be on the wiki. I'd like to see some other people chime in on
this subject to see what they think. (/me points at Board members)

*If* we do have the case where English is the main spoken language in
Ireland, do we need an Irish translation of our website? (Probably why
none exists yet.)

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36