Fedora 10 Beta Release Planning Meeting

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 18 13:06:38 UTC 2008

2008/9/18 John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com>:
> Fedora 10 Beta Release Planning Meeting
> 2008-09-17
>
> == Invitees ==
> Jonathan Roberts -- Marketing
> Karsten Wade -- Docs
> Jesse Keating -- Rel Eng (present)
> Paul Frields -- FPL (present)
> Spot Callaway -- FEM (present)
> John Poelstra -- Organizer (present)
> Mike McGrath -- Infrastructure (present)
> Dimitris Glezos -- Translation (present)
> Máirín Duffy -- Art (present)
> Will Woods -- QA
> James Laska -- QA (present)
> Ricky Zhou -- Websites (present)
> Bill Nottingham -- Development
>
> == Meeting Goals ==
> o not intended to be a lengthy meeting
> o opportunity to quickly go around the "virtual room" to make sure we are
> all ready for Beta release day
> o make it easier for us to communicate in real-time across teams on the
> telephone
> o John Poelstra also trying to flush out the taskjuggler schedules to
> reflect the reality of what needs to get done so that future schedules are
> tighter
> o Invited a representative from each Fedora group with a role in getting the
> release out the door

I'm really happy to hear these great news from F10 Release Planning team!

Even if Ambassadors Project isn't involved, reasonably, in F10 Release
Planning process,  we are working hard trying to push F10 with more
than 15 Release Events around the World planned for November and
others planned for December.

Actually you can see most of them here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/ReleaseParty/F10

To see the details click on the links in that page or see /wiki/FedoraEvents.

Actually we are organizing resources to make those event real happen,
along with a deep collaboration with event owners (we held a IRC
meetings and we are planning list discussion on that topic).

Hoping you'll enjoy the initiative

Best regards

Francesco Ugolini

p.s. I'm currently working on a map
(fugolini.fedorapeople.org/remap.html) where everyone can see where
and when we will organize the events. Actually it's quite out of date,
waiting to add more details.