5th anniv

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 12:13:31 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 06:37:21PM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 15:49 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
>> Hey,
>> is anything planned for our 5th anniv?
>>
>> Domain Name:FEDORAPROJECT.ORG
>> Created On:24-Sep-2003 10:32:11 UTC
>
>The Beta release and associated deadlines are going to make it difficult
>to pull a lot of resources together quickly, but here are some
>suggestions in which the whole community could participate:
>
>* Fill the blogosphere with "Happy 5th Birthday Fedora!" posts.
>
>* Triage 5 bugs in Bugzilla (and one to grow on?).
>
>* Make Fedora Live discs and hand them out this weekend for Software
>Freedom Day.
>
>In all seriousness, maybe we could get a spiffy Happy Birthday web
>graphic to replace that butt-ugly guy whose picture has been hanging
>around on our website for WAY too long.

We could revive the Fedora Awards thing.  Strawman:

1) 3 awards given out per year
2) Candidates have to be nominated, cannot self-nominate.
3) Cannot have won a Fedora Award in the past.
4) Nominations are collected for 2 weeks, then a vote is held.

Maybe a peer-nominated, peer-elected award that recognized significant
contributions to Fedora would go over better than the original way it was
done.

josh