Fedora 10 Beta Release Planning Meeting

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Sep 19 17:31:16 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 12:53 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> I was wrong in thinking it was public.  It was a phone call, not an IRC
> meeting.

Just for more fun and confusion, a meeting doesn't have to be on IRC for
it to be "public".

While this meeting wasn't announced on one of the major lists (for good
reason), it was somewhat assumed that if a leader for a group couldn't
make it that they would have somebody else go in their steed.  Perhaps
we'll call that out a bit more clearly next time.  These people were
sent mail multiple times leading up to the meeting so there was plenty
of chance to find an alternative.

The release readiness meetings are designed to be very high bandwith
information exchanges between the various groups involved with doing
releases.  Obviously the later releases (preview, final) are more
important and have more people involved than the earlier (alpha, beta)
ones.

It's an exchange of information that each group should already have
through through and discussed in lower bandwith higher visibility
meetings within each group.  The readiness meeting is just like a mini
mission control meeting to ensure things go off without a hitch and that
those leading the groups and responsible for the functions are aware of
whats going on.

If nobody from your group showed up, I'm sorry, but we gave them ample
time to find a replacement.  You can be prepared as these meetings will
come up for each major milestone during our development cycle.  If you
want, we can probably embed this information into the schedule pages
that John creates, it's not like those aren't busy enough as they are (:

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!