5th anniv

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 18:07:10 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 11:04 PM, Cristian Gafton <gafton at gafton.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 00:23 +0200, Max Spevack wrote:
>> I think for the 5 year anniversary we need all the old-skool guys to
>> write in to f-a-b and tell one of their favorite Fedora stories.
>>
>> /me looks around in the tubes for Gafton
> Some of the current highly visible members of the community were
> predicting the total failure of the project because of the "incredible
> greed" shown by Red Hat for splitting/spitting/spewing out Fedora on its
> own, for lack of real support from the company, half hearted community

In googling for those phrases one finds:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Bono_Hats

with
Red hat – emotions
Blue hat – process control

not sure why greed spew fedora red hat put that on the top of my
searches.. but I think that would summarize the first 5 years in a nut
shell. Lots of emotions and then process control.

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux