Fedora 10 Beta Release Planning Meeting

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 19 19:16:28 UTC 2008

Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 12:15:46AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> I have. My point still stands. If a new Fedora meeting is being held, it
>> should not planned and organized as a secret. It should be announced
>
> So those Red Hat budget meetings that control the financial fate of Fedora...

> those should be planned in public too right?

No but the meeting minutes are not published publicly for such meetings
either. The Fedora specific budget details are however published at

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Accounting
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CommunityArchitecture/Expenses

This I consider to be a very good thing.

   Or the meetings that were held
> to discuss the outage crisis?

Here there might have been reasons for secrecy and it would better to
let people know that such a meeting is being held even then. I don't see
any such requirement for release planning.

Should Paul publish his work calendar, given
> that he's the Fedora project lead and has Fedora meetings all the time?

Since all the other public Fedora meetings are well known, I don't need
his work calender.

> Seriously, everything is not black and white.  You're making entirely too
> big of a deal about this because you didn't get invited and someone pissed
> in your lemondade

Whether I get invited or not is irrelevant and I don't drink lemondate
much ;-) I never said I should be invited even once. There is no need to
be so petty. You might want to read about what I said completely.  My
issue is with the way in this meeting is organized and planned in secret
and just that.

Rahul